Tuesday 1 May 2012

May Day Walk

Went out to do some shopping in Kings Road this morning but felt distinctly doddery, probably from lack of exercise lately. So decided it would be better to go for a longer walk. Took the steps up to London Road and walked up to Silverhill to buy some coffee and biscuits in Asda. They no longer seem to stock Hovis Crackers, which is disappointing, as no other shops round here stock them as far as I'm aware. From there I took the scenic route, all the way through Alexandra Park into Hastings. The clock on the Town Hall registered 12:30 so I decided to go to the Royale Cafe for sustenance. They make a very nice steak pie with roast potatoes and three veg. This is more of a plateful than I normally eat when I'm at home. Completed the circuit with a walk along the promenade, and home in time to watch some more of the snooker on TV. Feel a lot better for the exercise, but must try to keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment