Saturday 8 August 2009

A Touch of Flu

I've had a minor bout of flu over the past week. Whether it was the Swine Flu that we've been warned about I don't know. I sweated out most of it over the Tuesday night, although I'm still coughing and sniffing a bit now. At the same time I had some spots come up, which at first I thought might be connected to the condition, but now suppose must be some sort of insect bites. A little TCP ointment seems to have brought them under control.

The new kettle that I bought only recently tripped the electric power again so I've been boiling water for my coffee on the gas instead. I'm reluctant to test the kettle in case it blows it again. That's the third kettle I've run through in the last year. If they're that unreliable I think I'll look for something else, perhaps a more traditional design.

I also bought two further bookcases from Argos, same pattern as before. However the result is that I still seem to have just as many boxes lying about as before! What is the best way of getting rid of second-hand books? I'm reluctant just to give them away to charity shops. Setting up a shop myself would probably be too expensive, but even joining ABE Books as a supplier is by no means free.

1 comment:

  1. Hi George,

    Please see the doctor. Don't take chance. If it happens to be swine flu then ..... anything can happen and then who will update the knight's tour site.

    If electric kettle is troubling you again and again then stop buying Chinese kettle. Buy British or even Indian made kettle for tension free performence.

    Please tell us at least the names of books you have. If they are rare then scan them and put them on the net for the benefit of all else donate them to any good library.

    Awani Kumar
    INDIA

    ReplyDelete