Saturday 30 June 2012

Cycling to Chess

Last Saturday (23 June) I got out on my bicycle which I haven't used for a long time, and cycled to Bexhill along the recently extended cycle path, to take part in a chess match. It was a rapidplay (30 minutes each) which I'm not really keen on but am trying to get used to. I was playing for the Hastings club against the Bexhill club. In my first game we reached a position where I forced exchange of queens and followed up with a knight fork of king and rook to win back the exchange and equalise forces. So I offered a draw and this was accepted. The second game against the same opponent however I lost fairly comprehensively. As a whole the team lost 4-6. I must find more excuses to get out on my bike, as I'm not getting much other exercise than walking lately. The problem is I like to have a definite destination to head for, and reason for travelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment