Thursday 5 January 2023

New Bus Station Open

The new bus station began operation this weekend. There is obviously still a lot of work to be done on it. The old bus station has been closed off ready for demolition. The new arrangement is much more compact. There is one entry and one exit for buses. This means the buses coming from the south need to go round the houses to get to the entrance, but this may only be temporary. The buses have to reverse out of the bays which looks as if it could be awkward if there are other buses coming in from behind. Here are some photos I took. 





The first and fourth photos are from the Delamere street exit. The second and third are from the Victoria street entrance.

I took a number 31 bus up to Leighton Hospital, to see if I could get a box of catheters to keep me supplied over the next weekend as my order had not yet arrived. This was successful. The A&E building seems to have expanded considerably, into what used to be a large car park, since I was there last. Then I took a number 12 bus back to Crewe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment