Wednesday 26 June 2024

Is there an Election on?

 I bought a local paper today thinking it might have details of the candidates in the General Election on 4th July, but there is no mention of anything there! Aren't local "hustings" held here?

The BBC website has a list of eight candidates standing here, in Crewe and Nantwich, but so far I have only had one leaflet from the Labour Party candidate Connor Naismith. 

I suppose people are expected to vote on Party lines rather than by assessing the virtues of the individual candidates.  

2 comments:

  1. Dear George,
    I appreciate this is not a related comment however I wanted to reach out to you about a topic on your website, mayhematics.

    I have developed a Python program to generate all 117 valid tetromino combinations for a 4x4 grid and to identify the unique solutions therein. Please contact me at wrightrj03@googlemail.com if you would like to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr Jelliss, I dont know how to explain this in a way that would seem rational, but I discovered you through calculations.
    I cant entirely explain the process...
    Im not even a mathematics type of person but here I am.
    I just wanted to say thank you for the information on your website!



    ReplyDelete